Wei Yi’s Biography and Best Games
Wei Yi is a chess prodigy. He became Grandmaster at the age of 13 years. Wei Yi is the first youngest chess player who reached 2706 elo. (This record previously held by Magnus Carlsen).
- (2010) Wei Yi won U-12 Asian Youth Chess Championship. In 2010 he earned his first GM norm at World Junior Chess Championship in Athens.
- (2013) (Fide World Cup) He defeated Ian Nepomniachtchi in first round. In the 2nd Round he defeated Alexei Shirov.
- (2015) Wei Yi played World Team Chess Championship, won by Chinese team, In which Wei Yi scored 7/9 and won the gold medal.
- (2016) Wei Yi won Chinese Chess Championship for second time. In 2018 Wei Yi won Asian Continental Championship.
- In July 2019 he ranked at 19th in the world in standard time control, with the rating of 2737. His rapid rating is 2717 and blitz is 2686.
Wei Yi’s Rating
Here is the chart below in which you can see how hard he is working and improving day by day.
Wei Yi’s Best Games
Wei Yi played many strong players around the world. Lets watch his game and see how strong he is.
Game:1 Wei, Yi vs Karjakin, Sergey
Game: 2 Wei, Yi vs Giri, Anish
Game: 3 Wei, Yi vs Ding, Liren